Bircham International University
Bircham International University is an educational institution of higher education. It uses distance education. It offers adult degree programs. It is registered in Spain and Delaware. In the past it operated from the Bahamas or the United Kingdom. It has no recognized educational accreditation in any of these places.
|Motto||"The aim of education should be to teach us how to think, rather than what to think."|
|Type||Distance learning higher education|
|Vice-president||Laurence Cheng Wen|
It is a member of the European Foundation for Quality in eLearning. It is also a member of the International Accreditation and Recognition Council, an unrecognized accreditation agency in the United States. Bircham states that it was accredited by the American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation in 2010. This organization is not a recognized accreditation body.
- "ICEX Spanish Companies Info". Archived from the original on 2015-07-07. Retrieved 2021-01-16.
- "Delaware Company Search 3169257". Archived from the original on 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- "Colleges and Universities not Accredited by CHEA; Unapproved Accrediting Bodies" (PDF). State of Michigan Civil Service Commission. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 28, 2011. (list is no longer being maintained)
- EFQUEL members, European Foundation for Quality in eLearning website, accessed June 27, 2010
- International Accreditation & Recognition Council website
- "Bircham International University References List". Archived from the original on 2010-05-05. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- Thomas Bartlett, ""Inquiry Into Higher-Education Group Reveals Odd Connections," Chronicle of Higher Education, Monday, August 25, 2008
- Ezell, Allen (2009), Recent Developments with Degree Mills: Accreditation Mills and Counterfeit Diploma and Transcript Operations Archived 2012-03-13 at the Wayback Machine, College and University 85(2):40-50. Accessed on website of MACRAO, the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars & Admissions Officers, September 12, 2012.
- Bircham International University official website