Wikimedia disambiguation page
A branch is a part of a tree.
Branch or branching could also mean:
- Branch (computer science), a point in a computer program where program-flow may change depending on a condition.
- Branch predictor, the part of a processor that determines whether a conditional branch in the instruction flow of a program is likely to be taken or not.
- Branch table, a term used to describe an efficient method of transferring program control (branching) to another part of a program using a table of branch instructions.
- Indirect branch, a type of program control instruction.
- Branching (software), a way of duplicating an object under revision control.
- Arthur Branch, a fictional character on the TV crime drama Law & Order
- Branch (academia), an academic sub-discipline
- Branch (banking), a retail location.
- Branch (business), a franchise location.
- Branch (bridle), a crooked piece of iron in a bit shank
- Branch line, a relatively minor railway line
- Branching (chemistry), a concept in polymer chemistry
- Branching (linguistics), the general tendency towards a given order of words within sentences and smaller grammatical units within sentences
- Cadet branch, a family line of nobility not descending from the first born son
- Earthly Branches, one Chinese system for reckoning time
- Executive branch, the branch of government responsible for the day-to-day management of the state
- Olive branch, a gesture of peace
- Post office branch, a type of postal facility that is not a main post office
People named BranchEdit
- Branch, Christopher (circa 1600-1682), early American colonist
- Branch, Cliff (1948–2019), retired American football player
- Branch, David (born 1948), Commissioner of the Ontario Hockey League
- Branch, Emmett Forrest (1874-1932), governor of the U.S. state of Indiana
- Branch, Frank (born 1944), Canadian politician
- Branch, John, Jr. (1782–1863), U.S. Senator, Secretary of the Navy, governor of North Carolina, and territorial governor of Florida
- Branch, Lawrence O'Bryan (1820-1862), Confederate General and Representative from North Carolina
- Branch, Michael (born 1978), English professional footballer
- Branch, Michelle (born 1983), American singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Branch, Vanessa (born 1973), British actress and model
- McCracken, Branch (1908–1970), college men's basketball coach
- Branch County
- Branch Township
- East Branch
- Fort Branch
- Long Branch
- North Branch
- South Branch
- West Branch
- USS Branch
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Branch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.