Bukit Panjang MRT/LRT station
Bukit Panjang Station (BP6/DT1) is an MRT Station in Singapore. It is along the Bukit Panjang LRT Line and Downtown MRT Line. It is located at the boundary of Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok, and Choa Chu Kang planning areas. It is the terminus station for the Downtown MRT Line.
|Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) / Light Rail Transit (LRT) interchange and terminus|
|Location||950 Upper Bukit Timah Road|
Singapore 678213 (DTL)
11 Petir Road
Singapore 678268 (BPLRT)
|Operated by||SBS Transit Rail Pte Ltd (ComfortDelGro Corporation) (Downtown line)|
SMRT Trains Ltd (SMRT Corporation) (Bukit Panjang LRT line)
|Platforms||4 (1 island platform, 2 side platforms)|
|Tracks||4 (2 MRT, 2 LRT)|
|Structure type||Elevated (Bukit Panjang LRT line)|
Underground (Downtown line)
|Parking||Yes (Hillion Mall)|
|Opened||6 November 1999 (Bukit Panjang LRT line)|
27 December 2015 (Downtown line)
|Previous names||Petir, Tenth Mile, Zhenghua|
|Passengers (July 2020)||21,007 per day|
It is one of the stations that is not connected to Downtown line. The station transit area is public. One has to use the paid linkway and another one had a prominent shopping mall to take a rest - Bukit Panjang Plaza.
Formerly the station was called Petir MRT Station. Due to confusion, the name was changed to Bukit Panjang MRT Station in 2009.
This station was opened on 6 November 1999, as a LRT station. The former code was A6 until 2001. Later on, on 27 December 2015, the Downtown Line opened. On 21 November 2017, cash top ups are no longer accepted at the Passenger Service Centre at this station.
- "Bukit Panjang (MRT Station) – 950 Upper Bukit Timah Road (S)678213". www.streetdirectory.com. Archived from the original on 19 January 2018. Retrieved 11 May 2020.
- "Bukit Panjang (LRT Station) – 11 Petir Road (S)678268". www.streetdirectory.com. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 11 May 2020.
- "Circle Line, Downtown Line 1 and 2 Station Names Finalised". www.lta.gov.sg. 16 June 2009. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016.
- "Annex 1: Final Station Names" (PDF). www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 March 2013.
- "Downtown Line 2 Station Names Shortlisted for Public Polling | Press Room". www.lta.gov.sg. 10 October 2008. Archived from the original on 22 February 2013.
- "Land Transport DataMall". mytransport.sg. Archived from the original on 21 August 2020. Retrieved 20 August 2020.