gathering or amassing of objects of value; the increase in wealth through concentration; or the creation of wealth
But capital accumulation can refer as well to
- real investment in tangible means of production.
- financial investment in paper assets.
- investment in non-productive physical assets such as residential real estate that appreciate in value.
- "human capital accumulation," i.e., new education and training increasing the skills of the (potential) labour force.
- Growth, Accumulation, Crisis: With New Macroeconomic Data for Sweden 1800-2000 by Rodney Edvinsson
- The Crises caused by Capital Accumulation Archived 2006-12-07 at the Wayback Machine - Oxford University publication
- The Accumulation of Capital