Carlos Santana (born July 20, 1947) is a Mexican-American musician. He first became famous in the late 1960s and early 1970s with his band, Santana. They played a fusion of rock and Latin American music.
|Born||July 20, 1947|
Autlán de Navarro, Jalisco, Mexico
|Origin||San Francisco, California, United States|
|Genres||Latin rock, chicano rock, rock, blues rock, jazz rock, tejano, free jazz, psychedelic rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, bandleader|
|Instruments||Guitar, percussion, vocals|
|Labels||RCA, Arista, Polydor, Columbia, Polygram, CBS|
|Associated acts||Santana, Los Lonely Boys, John McLaughlin, Maná|
Santana continued to work in these forms over the following decades. He had many critical acclaim in the late 1990s. In 2003 Rolling Stone magazine listed Santana at number 20 on their list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
Santana married Deborah King in 1973, with whom he had three children. Santana founded a not-for-profit organization, the Milagro ("Miracle") Foundation, which provides financial aid for educational, medical, and other needs.
- "RCA's Peter Edge, Tom Corson on the Shuttering of Jive, J and Arista". Billboard.biz. 2011-10-07. Retrieved 2011-12-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "100 Greatest Guitarists: Carlos Santana". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2014-06-14. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Santana received 10 Grammy Awards and 3 Latin Grammy Awards". allmusic. 1999. Retrieved 2010-10-20. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Media related to Carlos Santana at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Milagro Foundation
- Information about Carlos Santana
- Concerts online at Wolfgang's Vault
- Music Carlos Santana