Central City Shopping Centre
Central City Shopping Centre (formerly Surrey Place Mall) is a Shopping mall and office tower in the Whalley neighborhood of Surrey, British Columbia. It is the second largest mall in Surrey, behind Guildford Town Centre. It is home to the Simon Fraser University - Surrey Campus. In October 2007, the building was sold to Blackwood Partners Management Corporation of Toronto for $245.75 million.
|Location||Surrey, British Columbia, Canada|
|Address||10153 King George Blvd, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada|
|Owner||Blackwood Partners Management Corporation|
|No. of stores and services||132|
|No. of anchor tenants||5-7|
|Total retail floor area||617,500 square feet (57,370 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (mall), 26 (mall and office tower combined)|
It was awarded the Special Jury Award in 2004 by Le Marché International des Professionnels de l’Immobilier as the world's best overall new development for architecture and building innovation. The tower has appeared in many movies and television shows. It has appeared in the beginning of the movie Fantastic Four and was the home of LuthorCorp headquarters in season three of Smallville. It was also shown in the movies Firewall, Alone in the Dark, I, Robot, Catwoman, and Painkiller Jane.
- "Central City". Emporis. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "ICBC plans to sell its controversial Surrey Central City development". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2014-07-30.[permanent dead link]
- "Fantastic Four Filming Locations". IMDb. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "Central City". SkyscraperPage.com. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "Firewall Filming Locations". IMDb. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "Alone in the Dark Filming Locations". IMDb. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "I, Robot Filming Locations". IMDb. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
- "Catwoman Filming Locations". IMDb. Retrieved 2014-07-30.
Other websites change
- Official website
- Simon Fraser University - Surrey campus website
- Emporis.com - Central City
- SkycraperPage.com – Central City