Chikugo Province (筑後国, Chikugo no kuni) is the name of a old province of Japan in the area that is today the southern part of Fukuoka Prefecture on the island of Kyūshū. Along with Chikuzen Province, it was sometimes called Chikushū (筑州)
Timeline of notable eventsEdit
Shrines and TemplesEdit
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Chikugo" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 113.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- Tsuji, Zennosuke. (1932). The Humanitarian Ideas of the Japanese, p. 55; Depuy, Trevor Nevitt. (1992). "Kikuchi Takemitsu," The Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography, p. 402.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kikuchi Takemitsu" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 517.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 3; retrieved 2012-1-18.
Media related to Chikugo Province at Wikimedia Commons