|Born||24 June 1942|
|Died||November 30, 2017 (aged 75)|
|Alma mater||University College London (B.Sc.)|
Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine (Ph.D.)
|Known for||Biological classification of Homo ergaster|
|Institutions||Australian National University|
University of California, Berkeley
Queen Elizabeth College
University of Cambridge
Groves was born in England. He emigrated to Australia in 1973 and joined the Australian National University, where he was promoted to full Professor in 2000
His research interests included human evolution, primates, mammalian taxonomy, skeletal analysis, biological anthropology, ethnobiology and biogeography. He was a member of the Australian Skeptics and had many published skeptical papers, as well as research papers covering his other research interests. He also conducted regular debates with creationists and anti-evolutionists.
- "Professor Colin Groves - School of Archaeology & Anthropology -". Australian National University. 2012. Archived from the original on 21 February 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2009.
- Groves, C (2000). "Colin Groves [personal profile entry]". Archaeology World. Archived from the original on 2011-02-23. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- "Vale Emeritus Professor Colin Groves". ANU. 2017-11-30. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- Stears. "The Groves Collection". Noanswersingenesis.org. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
Other websites Edit
- The Groves Collection at No Answers in Genesis
- ANU Faculty Homepage
- ANU Researcher Profile page Archived 2013-04-23 at the Wayback Machine