American businessman and baseball team owner (1935-2020)
David Dayne Glass (September 2, 1935 – January 9, 2020) was an American businessman. He was born in Oregon County, Missouri. He was the President and chief executive officer of Walmart from 1988 through 2000. He was also the Kansas City Royals.
In August 2019, Glass agreed to sell the Kansas City Royals to Cleveland Indians vice chairman John Sherman.
Glass died of complications from pneumonia in Bentonville, Arkansas on January 9, 2020 at the age of 84.
- ↑ Ortega, Bob (1999). In Sam we trust: the untold story of Sam Walton ... pp. 96–99. ISBN 0-7494-3177-6. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- ↑ "Legendary Business Leader David D. Glass Dies at Age 84". Business Wire. January 17, 2020.
- Kansas City Royals' front office Archived 2006-10-24 at the Wayback Machine
- "Walmart bio". Archived from the original on 2005-12-16.
- NBC Dateline story at PBS Frontline