Virginia Beach shooting
On May 31, 2019, a man fired multiple shots at a city building in the Princess Anne area of Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States. The shooting caused 12 civilian deaths. The perpetrator, DeWayne Craddock, was killed by police. Five other people were injured.
A police spokesperson stated a shooter opened fire in Building 2 of the Center, which houses the city's public works, utilities, and planning departments.
Police identified the perpetrator as 40-year-old DeWayne Craddock, a public utilities worker for the city. He was fired from his job the day before the shooting. The suspect died after a gunfight with the police.
- "Virginia Beach shooting: 12 killed, 6 injured; suspect also dead". WAVY.com. May 31, 2019. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- Finley, Ben. "'Today is Virginia Beach's darkest hour:' 12 killed in shooting at municipal complex; assailant dead". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 2019-05-31.
- "12 victims, shooter killed in Virginia Beach mass shooting". WTKR.com. 2019-05-31. Retrieved 2019-06-01.
- Hicks, Amber (May 31, 2019). "Virginia Beach shooting: 11 dead after 'disgruntled worker' goes on gun rampage". Mirror. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- Parker, Mike Connors, Alissa Skelton, Stacy. "12 dead, 6 injured after shooting at the Virginia Beach Municipal Center". Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved May 31, 2019.
- Mele, Christopher (May 31, 2019). "Virginia Beach Shooting: 12 Killed in Rampage at Municipal Center". The New York Times. Retrieved May 31, 2019.