ideology or theory, according to which theory which the best way for less developed economies to develop is through fostering a strong and varied internal market and imposing high tariffs on imported goods
Developmentalism is based on the assumptions that:
- There are similar stages to development for all countries.
- There is movement from one stage to another. This movement goes from traditional or primitive to modern or industrialized.
- Smith, Tony "Requiem or New Agenda for Third World Studies?" World Politics, Vol. 37, No. 4 (Jul., 1985), pp.537
- Aktionsgemeinschaft Soziale Marktwirtschaft - German Ordoliberal association (in German)
- Journal of Post Keynesian Economics