Borst was born on 12 May 1950 in Schramberg, Germany. As a painter, he specialized in informal painting. The basic element in his paintings is the line, which is carried through colored segments.
In 1969 he studied at the American School of Art in Munich. In 1972 he took a half year study trip to West Africa. In 1973 he started painting. In 1997 he moved to Gran Canaria. In 2007 his atelier burned in an island fire on Gran Canaria. Hundreds of paintings of all phases of his working life were destroyed.
Borst's works were exhibited in New York, Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Cologne and Gran Canaria.
Museum / GalleryEdit
- Broadway Gallery, New York
- Gallery Colonial House Inn, New York
- The Grand, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Galerie Tempestas, Cologne
- Galeria de Arte, Spain/Gc