female given name
Dina (Arabic: دينا, Hebrew: דִּינָה,also spelled Dinah, Dena, Deena) [ dahy-nuh ] is a female given name. Dina is a Hebrew name that carries the meaning of "judgment" or "vindication". Its origin comes from the Hebrew term din, which signifies "judge". This name is frequently linked to Dinah, a character from the Bible who was the daughter of Jacob and Leah.This is a unique name (not in the top 1000 newborn names in the US in 2021).
- Dina bint Abdul-Hamid (1929–2019), Queen consort of Jordan, first wife of King Hussein
- Dina Carroll (born 1968), English singer
- Dina Ali Lasloom
- Dina Merrill, stage name of Nedenia Marjorie Hutton (1923–2017), American actress, socialite and philanthropist
- Dina Powell (born 1973), American businesspeople and former government officeholder
- Dina Titus (born 1950), Nevada politician
- Dina Wadia (1919–2017), daughter of Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan
- ↑ "Definition of Dinah | Dictionary.com". www.dictionary.com. Retrieved 2023-03-29.
- ↑ "Dina name Meaning and Origin". babys.name. Retrieved 2023-03-17.
- ↑ "Popular Baby Names". www.ssa.gov. Retrieved 2023-03-17.