Indian media conglomerate
Disney Star (trade as Disney STAR India Private Limited) is the largest media company of India. This company has 58 channels in eight languages. On 14 December 2017, The Walt Disney Company announced that it would acquire 21st Century Fox's Entertainment Division for $52.4 billion. Since Star India is owned by Fox, it was one of the assets acquired by Disney. STAR India announced it has successfully completed the integration of the broadcast business of MAA TV. The deal was estimated to be between Rs2,000 to 2,500 crore ($24 - $30million). Their STAR sports group planned to build a national sports network in India. The plan included broadcasting in Indian languages. On 14 November 2012, Star CJ Alive appointed Kenny Shin as CEO.
|Formerly||Star India (1990–2022)|
|Founded||1 August 1990|
|India, South Asia, Southeast Asia, MENA, United Kingdom, US, Canada|
|Parent||The Walt Disney Company India (The Walt Disney Company)|
- ↑ Chairman, International contents and operation, The Walt Disney Company -Oversees Disney units outside US
- ↑ Country Manager & President, The Walt Disney Company India & Disney Star, Managing Director (MD) of Asianet
- ↑ CFO, Direct-to-Consumer & International – APAC, The Walt Disney Company
- ↑ "Management of Star India". Archived from the original on 29 May 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2017.
- ↑ "News Corporation Announces Intent to Pursue Separation of Businesses to Enhance Strategic Alignment and Increase Operational Flexibility - News Corp". Retrieved 10 November 2016.