It follows that the teaching must be done via some kind of medium or a collection of media. Print, movie, television, radio, video chat and computer web sources have been used. In 1840 Isaac Pitman began teaching his shorthand by sending and receiving postcards. His success led to the establishment of correspondence schools.
Distance learning technologies using the Internet are used both for mastering individual advanced training courses for users, taking online courses and for obtaining higher education. The following main forms of distance learning can be distinguished: online and offline. Learning via the Internet has a number of significant advantages:
- Flexibility — students can get an education at the right time and in a convenient place;
- Long—range - students are not limited by distance and can study regardless of their place of residence;
- Cost—effectiveness - the costs of long-distance trips to the place of study are significantly reduced.
- Артюхов, А.А. (2021). А.А. Артюхов. "НЕКОТОРЫЕ АСПЕКТЫ ТЕОРИИ И ПРАКТИКИ ОРГАНИЗАЦИИ «ДИСТАНЦИОННОГО ОБУЧЕНИЯ» ПРИ ИЗУЧЕНИИ ГЕОГРАФИИ В ОСНОВНОЙ ШКОЛЕ" (PDF). Международный научно-исследовательский журнал (in Russian). Выпуск 5: Pages 4955. doi:10.23670/IRJ.2021.107.5.111. ISSN 2303-9868.
- Instructions for choosing online courses