Wikimedia disambiguation page
Distribution is the action of sharing something out among a number of recipients.
The word distribution has several usages:
- In mathematics a distribution is a generalization of a function to be able to model certain systems, inspired by physics, see distribution (mathematics).
Probability theory and statisticsEdit
- In Probability theory, it refers to the way a certain number of samples can be assigned to different categories, see Frequency distribution.
- In Statistics, it refers to the probability that a random variable has a certain value, or falls inside a given interval, see Probability distribution. This is the theoretical counterpart behind frequency distributions.
- In Economics, it talks about getting a product from the producer to the client. See distribution (economics).
- This incudes things like movies and video games
- In Computer science, it may refer to the practice of allocating a number of tasks to different machines, scattered over a network. See distributed computing.
- With Software, a distribution is something that puts different applications in the same package. See Linux distribution for an example.
- The study of the distribution of living things on the Earth is called biogeography.
- In power system, the process of delivering electricity to customer is called Electric power distribution.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Distribution.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.