Dylan Mills (better known as Dizzee Rascal) is a musician who grew out of the UK Garage music scene, although he has been known to distance himself from this genre. He is also known for being present on pirate radio stations. His music is a combination of both garage and hip-hop beats, also with his own original style of rapping.
Dizzee has been described as "the vital unvarnished voice of modern-day inner-city UK"[who?], and a social element is usually present in most of his songs. However, Dizzee proves that social commentary does not have to be boring. There is often a funny element to his singing, and some might find this (very British) humour similar to that of Mike Skinner of The Streets.
- Boy In Da Corner by Dizzee Rascal, retrieved 2018-08-18
- Allison, Rebecca (2003-07-19). "London turf wars mar Cyprus party spirit". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "Gang violence fears after pop star is stabbed at resort in Cyprus". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- Chrisafis, Angelique (2003-09-10). "Rapper wins Mercury prize". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-08-18.
- "Basement Jaxx". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 2018-08-18.