Dora and Friends: Into the City!
Dora and Friends: Into the City! (also simply known as Dora and Friends) is an American educational children's flash animated television series. A sequel to the original Dora the Explorer series, this series premiered on Nickelodeon on August 18, 2014, and ended on February 5, 2017, in the United States, followed by its Canadian premiere on September 6, 2014, on Treehouse TV.
|Dora and Friends: Into the City!|
|Created by||Chris Gifford|
Valerie Walsh Valdes
|Based on||Dora the Explorer by|
Valerie Walsh Valdes
|Directed by||George Chialtas|
|Presented by||Fátima Ptacek|
|Theme music composer||Matthew Gerrard|
|Opening theme||"Dora and Friends, Into the City"|
|Ending theme||"Dora and Friends, Into the City" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||40|
|Executive producer(s)||Grace Vanice|
|Running time||23 minutes|
45 minutes (special episodes only)
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
|Distributor||ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|First shown in||August 8, 2011(pilot)|
|Original release||August 18, 2014 –|
February 5, 2017
|Preceded by||Dora the Explorer|
|Related shows||Go, Diego, Go!|
The series features Dora as a 10-year-old girl and attends school and lives in the city of Playa Verde, California. She has five friends: Kate (who loves art), Emma (who loves music), Alana (who loves sports and animals), Naiya (who is smart and enjoys reading), and Pablo (who enjoys playing soccer). Together, Dora and her friends work together and go on adventures while discovering the secrets of their city. Dora has a magical charm bracelet that helps her get through objects in the way and a smartphone, complete with an app version of the previous series' map to aid her.
"Dora and Friends: Into the City!" is a spin-off of the popular children's show "Dora the Explorer." The pilot episode, titled "Dora's Explorer Girls: Our First Concert," aired in August 2011. The spin-off features Dora as a 10-year-old who embarks on city adventures with a new group of friends. The series premiered on Nickelodeon in August 2014 and was animated using Toon Boom Harmony. It ran for two seasons, totaling 40 episodes, and was canceled in February 2017. Reruns of the show continue to air on the Nick Jr. Channel.
- Day, Patrick Kevin (15 August 2014). "'Dora and Friends: Into the City' review: Dora grows up". Los Angeles Times.
- Villaneda, Rebecca (February 28, 2013). "'Dora and Friends': New Spin-off Will Star the Little Latina Heroine". Hispanic Business. Archived from the original on October 15, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- "Nickelodeon "Dora And Friends: In The City" TV Show". Nickutopia. March 8, 2013. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- http://www.nickjr.com/video/?videoid=122704 Archived August 13, 2014, at the Wayback Machine>
- "'Dora and Friends' Premieres August 18". August 11, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 9, 2014). "'Dora and Friends: Into the City' Renewed for Second Season by Nickelodeon". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 10, 2014. Retrieved October 9, 2014.