In some stories, dwarfs are mean, living under bridges, and having a bad reputation for stealing treasure. One example is the Norwegian Troll. It is an ugly and foolish creature who tells lies. It causes problems everywhere it goes. That is how the Internet troll got its name. In Robert Louis Stevenson's story, "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," Edward Hyde is described as "a dwarf."
- http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_guide/literature/Dr-Jekyll-and-Mr-Hyde-Summary-and-Analysis-Chapter-1-Chapter-8.id-88,pageNum-20.html[permanent dead link]
- "Macbeth: Summary and Analysis: Scene 2 - CliffsNotes". Archived from the original on 2011-06-12. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- Pictures from the "25cm dwarf", discovered in Iran. Archived 2007-12-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Orange Alternative Website Archived 2006-04-09 at the Wayback Machine
- Dwarves and Pygmies of ancient Egypt Archived 2018-12-15 at the Wayback Machine