East Nusa Tenggara
East Nusa Tenggara (Indonesian: Nusa Tenggara Timur – NTT) isa province of Indonesia. It is the east part of the Lesser Sunda Islands. It faces the Indian Ocean to the south and the Flores Sea to the north. There are more than 500 islands in the province. The largest islands are Sumba, Flores, and the western part of Timor. There is a land border between the province and the country East Timor. There are twenty-one regencies and the regency-level city of Kupang in the province. Kupang is the capital and largest city.
East Nusa Tenggara
Nusa Tenggara Timur
|Established||17 December 1958|
(and largest city)
|• Governor||Viktor Laiskodat (Nasdem)|
|• Deputy Governor||Josef Sae Noi|
|• Total||47,245.82 km2 (18,241.71 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||2,458 m (8,064 ft)|
|• Density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|• Ethnic groups||Atoni or Dawan (22%)|
|• Religion||Roman Catholicism (51.83%)|
|• Languages||Indonesian, Kupang Malay, Lamaholot, Uab Meto, Bunak, Tetum|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (Indonesia Central Time)|
80xxx, 81xxx, 82xxx
|ISO 3166 code||ID-NT|
|Vehicle sign||DH (Timor), EB (Flores, Alor, Lembata), ED (Sumba)|
|HDI rank||32nd (2016)|
East Nusa Tenggara is the only province in Indonesia where most people are Christian It is the only Indonesian province where Roman Catholicism is the main religion. The area of the province is 47,245.82 km2. The population at the 2010 Census was 4,683,827. An official estimate of the population in January 2014 was 5,070,746. East Nusa Tenggara is one of the least developed provinces in Indonesia. Tourism is growing here. The most well-known attractions are Labuan Bajo, Komodo National Park, and Mount Kelimutu.
This is a list of governors of East Nusa Tenggara.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide about: East Nusa Tenggara|
- Media related to East Nusa Tenggara at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website of the NTT Tourist Office
- The NTT website of the Indonesian Central Statistics Bureau (Badan Pusat Statistik or BPS) which provides data on a range of matters in the province. Especially helpful is the annual publication NTT dalam Angka [NTT in Figures] which provides very extensive statistics about a wide range of issues.
- The local Kupang newspaper Pos Kupang gives local news coverage of many provincial events.
- Website on music from the islands of Roti and Lombok.