Elisabeth Judson Shue (born October 6, 1963) is an American actress. She is best known for her work in the movies The Karate Kid, Adventures in Babysitting, Cocktail, Back to the Future Parts II and III and Leaving Las Vegas.
Elisabeth Judson Shue
October 6, 1963
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
|Years active||1984 - present|
|Spouse(s)||Davis Guggenheim (1994-present; 3 children)|
Shue was born in Wilmington, Delaware. Shue's mother was a descendant of Pilgrim religious leader William Brewster. Her father's family moved from Germany to Pennsylvania in the early 19th century. Shue's younger brother, Andrew, is also an actor.
Shue grew up in Bergen and Essex counties in New Jersey. Her parents divorced when she was young. Shue graduated from Columbia High School, in Maplewood, New Jersey. She later studied at Wellesley College and Harvard University. Shue left Harvard early because of her acting career. She returned to Harvard to finish her degree in Government in 2000.
1980s and early 1990sEdit
Her first movie role was in 1984. She acted in The Karate Kid. She played the girlfriend of Ralph Macchio. In 1986, she acted with Terrance Stamp in the British horror movie Link. Adventures in Babysitting was her first acting job where she was the main character.
Shue is married to movie director Davis Guggenheim. Their son, Miles William, was born on November 11, 1997. She gave birth to her first daughter, Stella Street, on March 19, 2001. Her third child, Agnes Charles, was born on June 18, 2006. Her son's middle name is in honor of her second brother, William. This brother died in 1988 at the age of 26 in a swimming accident.
- Carr, Jay (1991-05-26). "Elisabeth Shue commutes from academe to Tinseltown". Boston Globe. Archived from the original on 2012-11-03. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- Rader, Dotson (1997-11-23). "Let Yourself Feel It All". Lakeland Ledger. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- ArticleNew Jersey Monthly Archived 2007-10-12 at the Wayback Machine
- "The Harvard Guide: A Harvard Yearbook, James - Updike". Archived from the original on 2007-07-23. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "Elisabeth Shue - You can enjoy the screams and the gore and the fun". The Independent. 2010-08-13. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- Elisabeth Shue pics and links offered by WomenCelebs.com
- Elisabeth Shue - Profile, Latest News and Related Articles
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elisabeth Shue.|