Elsa Margareta Haglund-Kjellstrand (23 June 1902 - 12 April 1979) was a Swedish track and field athlete, specialized in the throwing and sprint events. She was a member of Alingsås IF and Djurgårdens IF.
|Full name||Elsa Margareta Haglund-Kjellstrand|
|Born||23 June 1902|
Gothenburg Municipality, Sweden
|Died||12 April 1979 (aged 52)|
|Sport||Track and field athletics|
|Event(s)||javelin throw, shot put, sprint|
She won the bronze medal at the 1926 Women's World Games in the javelin throw event.
When she was young she did gymnastics and later athletics. She competed in the javelin throw and in short distance running. She competed from 1925 for Alingsås IF and from 1927 for Djurgårdens IF.
She competed at the 1926 Women's World Games in the javelin throw event. With a throw of 45.06 metres she won the bronze medal behind Swedish Anna-Lisa Adelsköld and British Louise Fawcet. In 1927 the first Swedish national championships were held. She won the gold medal in the 100 metres and 200 metres. In 1929 she participated at the district championships in Stockholm and won the silver medal in the triahlon and also competed in the shot put. In 1930 she was selected for the Swedish team at the 1930 Women's World Games in Prague for the shot put event, javelin throw event and thriathlon event.
Haglund was active in several organizations for women's sports, including in the Swedish Women's Sports Association 1926–1927 and later in the Swedish Athletics Association's committee for women's sports, where she was secretary from 1928 to 1934.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Haglund, Elsa, Nordisk familjebok sportlexion, 1940 (part 3)
- ↑ Göteborgs Gustavi eller Domkyrkoförsamlings kyrkoarkiv, Födelse- och dopböcker, SE/GLA/13180/C/19
- ↑ Kjellstrand, Elsa Margareta, svenskagravar.se
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Svenska dagbladets Årsbok 1927 Runeberg.org
- ↑ Svenska dagbladets Årsbok 1926 Runeberg.org
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jeux Mondiaux Féminins. Competitions disparues, 7), Commission documentation et histoire, cdm.athle.com
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Vår idrottshistorik Archived 2022-10-21 at the Wayback Machine,Wårgårda Idrottshistoriska Sällskap.se
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Tidevarvet, annual 7 no. 34, 24 August 1929, Göteborgs universitet
- ↑ Dagens Nyheter 1925-09-21, sid. 10.
- ↑ Göteborgs Handels- och Sjöfartstidning, 1927-08-01, page 10
- ↑ "Derde werdeldspelen". De avondpost (in Dutch). 15 August 1930. Retrieved 27 June 2022 – via Delpher.