This article does not have any sources. (May 2012)
Eccentricity or extravagance is a word used to describe unusual behaviour in a person. People who have habits which many people think are very strange may be called eccentric. Eccentric behaviour is not necessarily good or bad in itself.
Eccentric people are always better known by their eccentricities. Explained to be an unusually odd behavior, eccentricity tends to reflect from various aspects of a human personality. There is no definition to classifying someone as ‘eccentric’, and neither is there a limit to the very many facets of individual expression which may get labeled as eccentric. It is neither insanity nor a disorder.
Traits of an Eccentric PersonEdit
- Nonconforming attitude
- Highly motivated by curiosity
- Happily obsessed with hobbyhorses (one or more)
- Not interested in the company or opinions of others
- Knowing since childhood that he or she is different from others
- Opinionated and outspoken; believing that I am always right, and the rest of the world is wrong
- "Unmistakable Signs and Characteristics of an Eccentric Person". Psychologenie. 2015-04-09. Retrieved 2021-10-22.