The FamilyAlbum app is a family-oriented photo and video sharing service developed and founded by Japanese entrepreneur Kenji Kasahara, who also founded MIXI, Inc.. As of August 2020, FamilyAlbum has surpasses 8 million users.
|Industry||family photo and video-sharing technology|
|Services||family photo and video sharing service|
Formation history and servicesEdit
FamilyAlbum also known as Mitene in Japan was released in 2015 by Kenji Kasahara with a goal to share photos and videos with family and close friends. The App "UI and UX is optimized for sharing, viewing, saving, and organizing photos and videos".
FamilyAlbum is a family-focused photo and video sharing service launched by MIXI, Inc. on April 13, 2015. It is available for as a smartphone app for iOS and Android.
FamilyAlbum was developed by Kenji Kasahara. His goal was to create a service for people to share their children’s photos and facilitate communication in a closed group, such as with their partner or family.
English language support was added on July 25, 2017. Now, FamilyAlbum is used in over 150 countries around the world. It is available in Japanese, English (American and British), French, German, Traditional Chinese and Korean.
- ↑ "ミクシィ"家族SNS"に参入 子どもの写真、容量無制限で共有「みてね」 笠原会長が企画、自らビラ配り「生涯プロデューサーでありたい」". ITmedia NEWS (in Japanese). Retrieved 2022-12-08.
- ↑ "Private Photo-Sharing App FamilyAlbum Surpasses 8 Million Users". UKTN | UK Tech News. Retrieved 23 November 2022.
- ↑ "子供写真共有アプリ「みてね」500万ユーザー突破 海外でも伸びる". ITmedia NEWS (in Japanese). Retrieved 2022-12-14.
- ↑ 株式会社インプレス (2015-04-13). "ミクシィ、子供の成長を追える無料・無制限の家族向け写真・動画共有サービス「家族アルバム みてね」". INTERNET Watch (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kasahara, Kenji. "FamilyAlbum Founder Message | The Best Photo-Sharing App for Families". family-album.com. Retrieved 8 December 2022.
- ↑ "家族向け写真・動画共有アプリ「家族アルバム みてね」新機能「みてねプレミアム」を4月9日（火）より提供開始". ZDNet Japan (in Japanese). Retrieved 2022-12-13.
- ↑ "ミクシィ、好評家族アルバムアプリを英語対応へ「Family Album Mitene」". マイナビニュース (in Japanese). 2017-07-25. Retrieved 2022-12-08.