The center is a NGO based in Mogadishu. Fartuun established the center in honor of her late husband. Fartuun is the organization's Executive Director. Fartuun's daughter Ilwad works with her.
- Nima Elbagir; Lillian Leposo. "Rape and injustice: The woman breaking Somalia's wall of silence". CNN. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "Documento - Somalia: Amnistia Internacional condena el asesinato de un pacifista". Amnesty International. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "2013 International Women of Courage Award Winners".
- "2013 International Women of Courage Award Winners - HumanRights.gov is the official United States Government website for international human rights related information". Archived from the original on 2017-01-05. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- "2013 International Women of Courage Award Winners - International Women of Courage Celebration".
- "Canadian sisters on front lines of rebuilding Somalia". Hiiraan. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "SOMALIA: Government Weekly Press Conference on the Progress". Gaafo. 6 December 2014. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fartuun Adan.|