Fereydun Robert "Fred" Armisen (born December 4, 1966) is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician. He is best known as a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 2002 until 2013.
|Birth name||Fereydun Robert Armisen|
|Born||December 4, 1966|
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, U.S.
|Medium||Stand-up, television, film, music|
|Genres||Observational comedy, character comedy, sketch comedy, musical comedy, deadpan, satire|
(m. 1998; div. 2004)
(m. 2009; div. 2011)
|Notable works and roles||Saturday Night Live|
Late Night with Seth Meyers
|Genres||Punk rock, indie rock, art rock, musical comedy|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, drums|
|Associated acts||Carrie Brownstein, The 8G Band, Trenchmouth|
For his work on Portlandia, Armisen was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 2014.
- Phawker (May 8, 2014). "Fredlandia: The Nicest Punk In Show Biz". Retrieved September 1, 2015.
- "Fred Armisen profile". TVGuide.com. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- "Talking to Fred Armisen About 'SNL', 'Portlandia', And Being Part of A Comedy Collective". Splitsider. June 28, 2013. Archived from the original on February 23, 2016. Retrieved June 29, 2013.
- "Fred Armisen: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved July 4, 2013.
- "Saturday Night Live Political Satire 2008". The Peabody Awards. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- "Portlandia". The Peabody Awards. Retrieved 2017-01-24.