Génération identitaire is a political movement. Classified by their ideas, they are far-right identitarian. They have also been described as white nationalist, neo-fascist and islamophobic. Although some of its members have been subject to judicial sanctions, the movement has never been condemed as such. The movement was formed in France in 2012, from earlier groups going back to about 2002.
In March 2021, the french council of ministers dissolved the movement.
- "Facebook Targets Major Far-Right Group In France". BuzzFeed News. Retrieved 2020-10-31.
- "Generation Identity: A Millennial Fascism for the Future?". www.europenowjournal.org. Retrieved 2020-10-31.
- "White Identity Worldwide". Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved 2020-10-31.
- "American Racists Work to Spread 'Identitarian' Ideology". Southern Poverty Law Center. Retrieved 2020-10-31.
- "Génération identitaire a-t-elle déjà été condamnée par la justice ?". Libération (in French). Retrieved 2021-02-21.
- "Darmanin annonce la dissolution de Génération identitaire en Conseil des ministres". BFMTV (in French). Retrieved 2021-03-03.