George Thorogood (born February 24, 1950) is an American blues rock singer/guitarist. He is from Wilmington, Delaware. Thorogood is famous for his cover versions of blues standards. He says Elmore James, Hound Dog Taylor and Chuck Berry are the people who influenced him musically. George Thorogood has released sixteen studio albums.
Thorogood was born on February 24, 1950 and was raised in Naamans Manor, a suburb of Wilmington. He was the middle one of five children. He graduated from Brandywine High School in 1968. He played semi-professional baseball. He turned to music after hearing a concert of John P. Hammond in 1970. 
In 1976 he recorded his debut album: "George Thorogood & The Destroyers" with his band, The Destroyers. Sometimes the band is called "The Delaware Destroyers". In 1981 they got their first nationwide recognition. They played as support act for the Rolling Stones. In the 1980s they played a lot of concerts including the "50/50" tour of 1980, on which the band toured 50 US states in 50days. in 1982 released his best-known song, "Bad to the Bone", and an album of the same name. The song has been used frequently in television and film, including the sci-fi thriller Terminator 2: Judgment Day, the comedies Problem Child, and Problem Child 2, Stephen King's Christine, and many episodes of the television sitcom Married with Children. This track also was used during the intro to the movie Major Payne.
- George Thorogood – lead vocals and lead guitar
- Jeff Simon – drums, percussion (1974–present)
- Billy Blough – bass guitar (1977–present)
- Jim Suhler – rhythm guitar (1999–present)
- Buddy Leach – saxophone, piano (2003–present)
- Ron "Roadblock" Smith – rhythm guitar (1974–1980)
- Hank "Hurricane" Carter – saxophone (1980–2003)
- Steve Chrismar – rhythm guitar (1985–1993)
Studio albums with the DestroyersEdit
- 1977: George Thorogood and the Destroyers (Gold)
- 1978: Move It on Over (Gold)
- 1979: Better Than the Rest (Recorded in 1974)
- 1980: More George Thorogood and the Destroyers
- 1982: Bad to the Bone (Platinum)
- 1985: Maverick (Gold)
- 1986: Nadine (CD Rerelease of Better Than the Rest)
- 1988: Born to Be Bad (Gold)
- 1991: Boogie People
- 1993: Haircut
- 1997: Rockin' My Life Away
- 1999: Half a Boy/Half a Man
- 2003: Ride 'Til I Die
- 2006: The Hard Stuff
- 2009: The Dirty Dozen
- 2011: 2120 South Michigan Ave.
- 1986: Live (Platinum)
- 1995: Live: Let's Work Together
- 1999: Live in '99
- 2004: 30th Anniversary Tour: Live
- 2010: Live in Boston 1982
- 1992: The Baddest of George Thorogood and the Destroyers (Platinum)
- 2000: Anthology
- 2003: Who Do You Love?
- 2004: Greatest Hits: 30 Years of Rock (Gold)
- 2005: The Best Of George Thorogood and the Destroyers
- 2007: Taking Care of Business (double disc of Ride 'Til I Die (w/ 2 bonus tracks) and 30th Anniversary Tour)
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas; Vladimir Bogdanov, Chris Woodstra (2003). All music guide to the blues. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 555.