Dutch computer scientist
Gerrit Anne "Gerry" Blaauw (born 17 July 1924) is a Dutch computer scientist. He is known as one of the principal designers of the IBM System/360 line of computers, together with Fred Brooks, Gene Amdahl, and others.
In 1982 he was elected member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. In 1997 he co-authored Computer Architecture: Concepts and Evolution with Brooks.
Blaauw was born in The Hague. He graduated from Delft University of Technology in 1946.
- ↑ "Gerrit Blaauw" Archived 2011-07-24 at the Wayback Machine in Unsung Heroes in Dutch Computing History, a website created for the IEEE Computer Society's Web Programming Competition (CHC61), 2007
- ↑ "Gerrit Blauw". Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- ↑ Computer Architecture: Concepts and Evolution, Gerrit A. Blaauw and Frederick P. Brooks, Addison-Wesley Professional, 1264 pp., February 1997, ISBN 978-0-201-10557-5
Quotations related to Gerrit Blaauw at Wikiquote
- Gerrit Blaauw Archived 2011-07-24 at the Wayback Machine, unsung heroes in Dutch computing history.
- DIESREDE BLAAUW: BESCHRIJVEN EN BEGRIJPEN Archived 2013-08-11 at Archive.today 26 November 1976 (in Dutch)