From 1985 to 1998 he published extensively in the monthly Babilonia: he was general editor of this newspaper from 1997 to 1998. From 1999 onwards he has worked with the monthly Pride, of which he serves as general editor. He has had great success in enriching the gay aspects of the Italian edition of Wikipedia.
He has also collaborated in the realization of two LGBT encyclopedias: Encyclopaedia of Homosexuality (1990) and Who's Who in Gay and Lesbian History: From Antiquity to World War II (2000). In 2012 he founded Wikipink, a gay encyclopedia that is part of the "Wiki" project.
After a long study and research work, in May 2015 he published Tutta un'altra Storia: a book about the history of homosexuality from antiquity to the second post-war period in which, for the first time in the history of Italy, topics relating to the daily life of gay life over the centuries are fathomed.
- Leggere omosessuale. Bibliografia, Edizioni Gruppo Abele, Torino 1983;
- Aids [with Dr. Riccardo Ferracini], Edizioni Gruppo Abele, Torino 1985 [four editions];
- La pagina strappata. Interviste su omosessualità e cultura, Edizioni Gruppo Abele, Torino 1985;
- Figli diversi (with his mother, Paola Dall'Orto), Sonda, Torino 1991 [fourth edition: 1999];
- Manuale per coppie diverse, Editori Riuniti, Roma 1994 [two editions];
- Tutta un'altra storia, il Saggiatore, Milán 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Giovanni Dall'Orto.|
- La gaya scienza, official website.
- A caccia di guay, personal blog.
- Youtube Channel
- In altre parole, a series of interviews with Dall'Orto, done in 2016