interval of time within an ice age that is marked by colder temperatures and glacier advances
Glaciation is the forming of ice (glaciers) on land. It is related to the Milankovich theory.
Causes of glaciationEdit
- A temperature decrease about 4-5o C around the world
- Higher amounts of snow near the Arctic
- The difference of the Earth's orbit from a perfect circle
- Changes in Earth's axial tilt
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Glaciation". Archived from the original on 2010-08-21. Retrieved 2010-08-11.
- ↑ http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/glaciation.html
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Why do glaciations occur?". Archived from the original on 2001-04-16. Retrieved 2010-08-11.