foreigner workers in Germany
Guest workers are people brought into a country to work in different industries.
They are used to fill a shortage in labour that most often cannot be done locally. Guest workers often do not have the same rights as normal workers. In some countries guest workers are not allowed to stay long periods of time. In Germany there are many guest workers from Turkey. Turkish guest workers have formed their own communities in the German cities where they live. Turkish guest workers have been in Germany since the 1950s.
Many Koreans in Japan came as guest workers early in the 20th century, and in Arab countries late in the century.
- Foreign workers in Malaysia Archived 2007-10-10 at the Wayback Machine - News update
- The PBS newsmagazine NOW focuses on America's "Guest Workers" including interviews with actual guest workers who work in Montana's forests
- Burma Migrant Worker Issues[permanent dead link]
- Migrant labor activism in New York City from Dollars & Sense magazine
- Migrant Workers Television(MWTV) in Seoul Korea
- December 18 vzw - International Advocacy and Resource Center on Migrant Workers Rights Archived 2010-02-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Migrante International
- No One is Illegal
- Global Culture: essay on migrant workers Archived 2007-10-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Migrant Farmworkers and Their Children Archived 2016-03-12 at the Wayback Machine