processed pork foodstuff
Types of dry-cured ham:
- Prosciutto crudo (Italian)
- Prosciutto di Parma (Italian)
- Jambon de bayonne (French)
- Jamón serrano (Spanish)
- Jamón iberico (Spanish)
- Country ham (American)
- York ham (English)
- Westphalian ham (German)
Le jambon (Paul Gauguin, 1889).
A ham sandwich on a plate with a lot of different vegetables and fries
Spanish Iberico ham with knife
- "Bacon: Bacon and Ham Curing" in Chambers's Encyclopædia. London: George Newnes, 1961, Vol. 2, p. 39.
- Wierbicki, Eugen; Howker, John J (1976). "Effect of salt, phosphates and other curing ingredients on shrinkage of lean pork meat and quality of smoked processed ham". Journal of Food Science. 41 (5): 1116–1121. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2621.1976.tb14399.x.
- "Curing Methods". Meat and Sausages.com.
- How Do They Make Spam?. Live SCeine (2010-09-16). Retrieved 2022-01-28.