It is when you try to reason out or state your case over a traffic violation to an enforcer - only in the Philippines.
Arrogance is also associated with lack of humility and love toward oneself. Examples include making oneself far more important than others or superiority. Children raised around arrogance may be arrogant themselves.
Hubris is the ancient Greek concept. It is similar to arrogance, but is usually translated as pride. Because their societies were more concerned with honour, it works out as somewhat different from arrogance. To understand it fully one needs to work through the Greek passages where it is used, which is beyond our scope. For example, the use of force to shame someone would have been considered hubris.
- "Arrogance". Merriam-Webster's Dictionary. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Arrogance Defined". Human Solutions. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Arrogance and its Negative Effects". Matrix of Mnemosyne. Archived from the original on September 2, 2017. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Why Arrogance Can be Good". Lifescript (Healthy Living for Women). Archived from the original on December 22, 2013. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Arrogance is Not Confidence". The Slideshare. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Hubris". Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved 21 April 2016.