This article needs more sources for reliability. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hwebul (Hangul: 훼불 hwebul?, Hanja: 毁佛) is derived from a Korean term. hwe means "destroy, damage, break" and bul means "buddha, buddhist". The term means vandalizing or damaging Buddhist things. Such as setting fire or breaking into buddhist temples, destroying buddhist statues, or commit violence to monks or people who believe buddhism.
1990 ~ 1999Edit
In 1998, A Christian destroyed about 750 Buddhist statues in a temple to change into church. 
2000 ~ 2009Edit
In 2000, In Dongguk University, A Korean Christian vandalized.- painted a crossed shape on a buddhist statue and wrote "Only Jesus" on a stairs.
In 2006, In Busan plaza, The Korean Christians prayed that let these churches be stood and these temples be destroyed.
In 2008, In Jogyesa Temple, offering envelopes were in it and bibles were written, “Believe in Jesus, or you will go to Hell“.
2010 ~ 2018Edit
In 2012, In Donghwasa Temple, A pastor surnamed “Seong” broke into and vandalized in it. He wrote a cursing word on the nose on the buddhist picture as he went to dharma hall. Then he tore buddhist bible and urinated in incense burner.
In 2016, In Gaeunsa Temple, A 50 years old pastor broke statues and things.
- "법난 - 나무위키". namu.wiki.
- "<다시 보는 불교 그날>1997년 오늘 국내 최초 계율전문 도서관 비니장 낙성 등 - BTN불교TV".
- 정암 (2 December 2011). "동국대 정각원, 기독교의 훼불 사례 "묵과하지 않겠다"".
- "동국대 불상, 이교도가 훼불 충격". 오마이뉴스. 5 June 2000.
- "기독교인, 불교 폄훼·도발 도 넘었다 - 불교닷컴". 20 August 2008.
- 채널A 뉴스 (4 September 2012). "전직 목사, 절에 침입해 낙서에 소변까지..._120903_채널A NEWS" – via YouTube.
- "개운사 훼불 - Bing video". www.bing.com.