The Independence Club (Korean: 독립협회, 獨立協會) was a Korean association that supported the independence movement during the Joseon dynasty. It was active from 1896 to 1899. The club was an early supporter of human rights and people's democracy in Korea. It was founded by Seo Jae-pil and Yun Chi-ho.
- Pratt, Keith (2007). Everlasting Flower: A History of Korea. London: Reaktion Books. pp. 188–189. ISBN 978-1-86189-335-2.
- Oh Se-ung, Dr. Philip Jaisohn's Reform Movement, 1896-1898: A Critical Appraisal of the Independence Club, University Press of America, 1995, ISBN 0819199141
- Djun Kil Kim (2008-01-07), the History of Korea, Greenwood Press
- Independence Club (in Korean)
- a Korean spelling was Manmingongdonghoi