ethnic group native to Italy
(Redirected from Italian people)
Italians (Italian: italiani Italian pronunciation: [itaˈljaːni]) are a Romance ethnic group native to the Italian peninsula. Italians have a common culture, history, ancestry and language.
|Regions with significant populations|
|Italian and other languages of Italy|
|Christianity (predominantly Catholicism)|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Greeks, Maltese people and other Romance peoples|
- "Indicatori demografici Istat (Italian)" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 15 November 2018. Retrieved 14 November 2018.
- "L'Italia e le religioni nel 2016". Italofilia.Pl. 12 November 2016. Archived from the original on 22 July 2019. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Pop, Ioan-Aurel (1996). Romanians and Hungarians from the 9th to the 14th century. Romanian Cultural Foundation. ISBN 0880334401. Archived from the original on 22 April 2020. Retrieved 3 September 2019.
We could say that contemporary Europe is made up of three large groups of peoples, divided on the criteria of their origin and linguistic affiliation. They are the following: the Romanic or neo-Latin peoples (Italians, Spaniards, Portuguese, French, Romanians, etc.), the Germanic peoples (Germans proper, English, Dutch, Danes, Norwegians, Swedes, Icelanders, etc.), and the Slavic peoples (Russians, Ukrainians, Belorussians, Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Bulgarians, Serbs, Croats, Slovenians, etc.)
- Minahan, James (2000). One Europe, Many Nations: A Historical Dictionary of European National Groups. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 156. ISBN 0313309841. Archived from the original on 21 March 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
The Italians are a Latin people, a mixture of Germanic and Mediterranean peoples
- Minahan, James (2000). One Europe, Many Nations: A Historical Dictionary of European National Groups. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 776. ISBN 0313309841. Archived from the original on 21 March 2015. Retrieved 10 July 2018.
Romance (Latin) nations... Italians
- Miti e simboli della rivoluzione nazionale Archived 10 August 2018 at the Wayback Machine. Treccani.it
- Giuliano Procacci (ed.) (2009) Storia degli Italiani (In Italian: History of the Italian People). Rome, Italy: Editori Laterza.