from Correio da Manhã. 1959
|Born||15 September 1894|
|Died||12 February 1979 (aged 84)|
Beverly Hills, California, United States
|Occupation||Film director, actor, screenwriter, producer, author|
|Spouse(s)||Catherine Hessling (1920–1930)|
Dido Freire (1944–1979)
|Partner(s)||Marguerite Renoir (1932–1939)|
As a movie director and actor, he made more than forty movie from the silent era to the end of the 1960s. His movie La Grande Illusion (1937) and The Rules of the Game (1939). He received a Lifetime Achievement Academy Award in 1975 for his contribution to the motion picture industry.
Renoir died in Beverly Hills, California on February 12, 1979 at the age of 84.
- Jean Renoir on IMDb
- Jean Renoir: A Bibliography of Materials in the University of California at Berkeley Library.
- Interview conducted in 1960 with Columbia University's Oral History Research Office.
- Je m’appelle Jean Renoir. Site at the University of Nancy, France. (In French)
- Faulkner, Christopher. "An Archive of the (Political) Unconscious" Canadian Journal of Communication [Online], 26 1 Jan 2001 — analysis of Renoir's FBI files.
- Jean Renoir at Find a Grave