Jean Robieux (15 October, 1925; Jugon-les-Lacs – 14 June 2012; Chatenay-Malabry) was a French physicist. Graduate from École Polytechnique (1946-1949), École nationale de l'aviation civile (1949-1951), Doctor of Science from University of Paris and holder of a Master of Science from the California Institute of Technology, he is a leading French specialist in laser. He is a member of the French Academy of Sciences and of the Académie des Technologies (Academy of Technologies).
|Born||15 October 1925|
|Died||14 June 2012|
|Alma mater||École Polytechnique |
École nationale de l'aviation civile
University of Paris
California Institute of Technology
|Known for||Nuclear Fusion Laser|
Jean Robieux is responsible for the discovery of the principle of control of laser fusion in 1961 and the discovery of the principle of laser isotope separation. All contributions are outlined in his book « High Power Laser Interactions : Isotopes Separation - Nuclear Fusion Control - Elementary Particles Selective Creation ».
- High Power Interactions : Isotopes separation - Nuclear fusion control - Elementary particles selective creation. Ed. Lavoisier-2000
- Towards the end of global warming. Abundant energy without pollution. Laser nuclear fusion». Ed.Louis de Broglie-2009
- Jean ROBIEUX's profile
- Guy Laval and Erich Spitz (June 2012). "In memoriam: Jean Robieux" (in French). French Academy of Sciences. Retrieved 29 August 2012.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- (French)Jean Robieux
- (French)Réaction de Jean Robieux face aux évènements au Japon
- (French)Correspondant de l'Académie des sciences