Jim B. Tucker
Jim B. Tucker is medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatric Clinic, and associate professor at the Division of Perceptual Studies, at the University of Virginia. His main research interests are reincarnation research, and prenatal and birth memories. Tucker, a child psychiatrist, worked for several years on this research with Ian Stevenson before taking over upon Stevenson’s retirement in 2002. Tucker is the author of Life Before Life: A Scientific Investigation of Children’s Memories of Previous Lives. He has been interviewed about reincarnation in print and broadcast media in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada.
Jim B. Tucker
|Occupation||Bonner-Lowry Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences|
Related pages change
- Division of perceptual studies - Staff Archived 2002-12-23 at the Wayback Machine University of Virginia
- Shroder, Tom (1999). Old Souls: The Scientific Evidence For Past Lives. Simon & Schuster. pp. 230–232. ISBN 978-0-684-85192-1.
- Chopra, Deepak (2008). Life After Death: The Burden of Proof. Three Rivers Press. p. 178. ISBN 978-1-4000-5235-6.
The most detailed study of such children comes from psychiatrist Ian Stevenson at the University of Virginia, work now being continued there by psychiatrist Jim Tucker.
- Clayton, Philip; Simpson, Zachary (2006). The Oxford handbook of religion and science. Oxford: Oxford university press. ISBN 978-0-19-927927-2.
- Division of Perceptual Studies Archived 2002-11-16 at the Wayback Machine University of Virginia