John Wall (inventor)
John Wall (26 June 1932 – 27 January 2018) was an English design engineer, amateur astronomer, and amateur telescope maker. He was a member of the British Astronomical Association until his death in 2018. He was known for designing dialyte based refracting telescopes, coming up with the Zerochromat.
|Died||27 January 2018 (aged 85)|
|Significant design||Crayford focuser|
|Significant advance||dialyte based refracting telescopes|
- "John Wall". web.archive.org. 6 March 2012.
- "Wikispaces". cmhas.wikispaces.com.
- "John Wall refractor - Hanwell Community Observatory". www.hanwellobservatory.org.uk.
- A New Refractor Concept: "The Wall Hypochromatic Refractor"
- The John Wall 30-inch refractor.
- The Crayford eyepiece mounting by John Wall - Journal of the British Astronomical Association, 81 (2), 118, February 1971
- Crayford focusers
- Crayford Eyepiece Mount
- astronomics.com's description of how the Crayford Focuser works