English theologian, chemist, educator, and political theorist
Priestley by William Artaud
|Born||13 March 1733|
|Died||8 February 1804|
- Antoine Lavoisier and Carl Wilhelm Scheele Carl Wilhelm Scheele also have a claim to the discovery of oxygen. See Kuhn, Thomas. (1996). The Structure of Scientific Revolutions, pp. 53–60.
- "Joseph Priestley". Spartacus.co.uk. Retrieved November 30, 2013.
- American Chemical Society (ACS), "Joseph Priestley: Discoverer of Oxygen"; retrieved 2012-5-23.
- The Priestley Society
- A short biography at the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
- Memorial essay (1874) on Priestley