Sylvester Ritter (December 13, 1952 – June 2, 1998) was an American professional wrestler who was best known for wrestling with World Wrestling Federation (WWF) and World Championship Wrestling (WCW) under the ring names, Junkyard Dog and JYD for short. He died in Forest, Mississippi on June 2, 1998 after he fell asleep at the wheel of the car he was driving home in and crashed into another car.
|Born||December 13, 1952|
Wadesboro, North Carolina, U.S.
|Died||June 2, 1998 (aged 45)|
Forest, Mississippi, U.S.
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Leroy Rochester|
Big Daddy Ritter
|Billed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Billed from||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Trained by||Larry Johnson|
Ritter held many championships during his professional wrestling career:
- Mid-South Wrestling Association
- NWA Mid-America
- NWA Mid-America Tag Team Championship (one time) – with Gypsy Joe
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year in 1980.
- PWI ranked him #51 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
- Stampede Wrestling
- Stampede North American Heavyweight Championship (two times)
- United States Wrestling Association
- USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (one time)
- World Championship Wrestling
- World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment