Kåre Isaachsen Willoch (Norwegian pronunciation: [ˈkɔːɾə ˈiːsaksən ˈʋɪlɔk] (listen); 3 October 1928 – 6 December 2021) was a Norwegian politician from the Conservative Party. He served as Minister of Trade and Shipping in 1963 and 1965–1970, and as Prime Minister of Norway from 1981 to 1986. Willoch was Chairman of the Conservative Party 1970–1974. He was a member of the Norwegian Parliament from 1957 to 1989. He was also Director of the Nansen Institute.
|Prime Minister of Norway|
14 October 1981 – 9 May 1986
|Preceded by||Gro Harlem Brundtland|
|Succeeded by||Gro Harlem Brundtland|
Kåre Isaachsen Willoch
3 October 1928
|Died||6 December 2021 (aged 93)|
|Political party||Conservative Party|
|Spouse(s)||Anne Marie Jørgensen|
Willoch died in his home in Oslo, on 6 December 2021, at the age of 93.
- Tvedt, Knut Are. "Kåre Willoch". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 28 May 2009.
- Stanghelle, Harald. "Kåre Willoch". Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 28 May 2009.
- "Kåre Willoch". www.europeanleadershipnetwork.org. Archived from the original on 2020-10-23. Retrieved 2020-04-21.
- Olsson, Svein Vestrum (6 December 2021). "Kåre Willoch er død". NRK (in Norwegian Bokmål). Retrieved 6 December 2021.
Media related to Kåre Willoch at Wikimedia Commons
- Homage to a true conservative Archived 2015-10-17 at the Wayback Machine. Profile of Kåre Willoch, written in the HumanBeams magazine, by Gisle Tangenes.