municipality in the region of Northern Savonia in Finland
Kaavi is a municipality in Northern Savonia, Finland. It had almost 3,260 people living there in January 2014. The municipalities next to it are Kuopio, Juuka, Outokumpu, Polvijärvi and Tuusniemi.
Kaavi was established 1813.
Sights and activitiesEdit
- Juutila Foundry
- Telkkämäki Nature Reserve and Heritage Farm
- Vaikkojoki River
- Kaavi Church
- Luikonlahti Orthodox Chapel
- Summertheatres in Luikonlahti and Maarianvaara
- Kaavi Blues Festival in June
- Spring Market and Autumn Market
- The official page about Kaavi Archived 2013-02-11 at the Wayback Machine