Japanese era from March 1249 to October 1256
Kenchō (建長) was a Japanese era name (年号,, nengō,, lit. "year name") after Hōji and before Kōgen. This period started in March 1249 and ended in October 1256. The reigning emperor was Go-Fukakusa-tennō (後深草天皇).
Events of the Kenchō era Edit
Related pages Edit
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kenchō" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 508.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 248-255; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. p. 231-232.
- Tsubata, Kate. "The Great Buddha at Kamakura," The Washington Times, May 25, 2008; retrieved 2012-4-30.
- Joint Council for Japanese Renzai Obaku Zen, Kenchō-ji; retrieved 2012-4-26.
Other websites Edit
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: