|Born||June 3, 1964|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Genres||Thrash metal, speed metal, heavy metal|
|Years active||1981 – present|
|Labels||American Recordings, Metal Blade Records|
King was born in Los Angeles, California. His father worked as an aircraft part inspector, and his mother worked for a telephone company. When he was a teenager, Kerry moved to Phoenix, Arizona, where he learned how to play guitar from a local man, Dana Dawley. He divorced once; his current wife is Ayesha King, he also has a daughter named Shyanne Kymberlee King from his first marriage. In 1981, King was trying out for the position as a guitarist in a band. After the session was over Jeff Hanneman talked with him and the two began playing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest songs with the session drummer. Hanneman said "Why don’t we start our OWN band?” [Laughs] I was like, “…Fuck yeah!" King once had long hair, but then shaved his head when he started balding. His bald head, spiked wristband, long beard and his tattoo work (which covers his hands, arms and head) are his trademarks, to such a degree that Blender included a tour of his body ink.
Other websites change
- McIver, Joel (2010). The Bloody Reign of Slayer. Omnibus. ISBN 978-1-84938-386-8.
- Beck, Aaron (2007-02-10). "After 25 years, Slayer keeps casting metal". The Columbus Dispatch. Archived from the original on 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2007-02-25.
- Davis, Brian. "Knac.com interview with Jeff Hanneman". Knac.com. Retrieved 2006-12-13.
- "Tour of Kerry King's Tattoos". Archived from the original on 2007-10-12., Blender Online, retrieved on March 2, 2007
- King now lives in Corona, California. Lahtinen, Lexi (2004-11-04). "Kerry King of SLAYER". Metal-rules.com. Archived from the original on 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2006-01-24.