Wikimedia disambiguation page
Knot could mean:
- knot – a fastening or securing of linear material such as rope, by tying or interweaving
- knot (mathematics), an abstract representation of an interwoven linear object
- knot (speed), a unit of water or air speed ideally equaling 1 nautical mile per hour, depending on the relative motion of the medium
- knot (wood), a mark left in timber by the origin of branches; the knot's grain travels in a different direction to the trunk of the tree
- Red Knot, a wading bird (simply called "Knot" in Europe)
- Great Knot, a wading bird
- Knotted Marjoram, an alternative name for the herb Marjoram
- Knotted wrack, a seaweed
- Knotgrass or knotweed, a member of the buckwheat family
Knot could also mean:
- the bulbus glandis, a part of the penis of a canine, in animal anatomy
- a knot garden, an elaborate interlace of tightly-clipped low hedging
- a tight cluster or group, in statistics
- a type of join, in figurative language, as in a marriage
- a small, hard, tender spot in a muscle referred to as a kink or trigger point
- Cramp, a strong muscle contraction resulting in pain
Knots could mean:
- Knots Landing, an American soap opera
- Gordian Knot (disambiguation)
- In some languages, the words for "node" and "knot" are the same.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Knot.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.