LeToya Nicole Luckett (born March 11, 1981), known professionally as LeToya, is an American R&B singer, actress and songwriter. She is a former member of the R&B female group, Destiny's Child with whom she won two Grammy Awards, but when the group was successfully prompted in the world she was forced to leave.
Luckett in 2009
|Birth name||LeToya Nicole Luckett|
|Born||March 11, 1981|
Houston, Texas, United States
|Genres||R&B, hip hop soul|
|Labels||eOne Music, Capitol, Columbia Records|
|Associated acts||Destiny's Child, Anjel, Mims, Slim Thug|
When interviewed by MTV News, Luckett said that she and LaTavia Roberson created a new group called Anjel. Auditions were made, then Naty Quinones and Tiffany Beaudoin were selected as members. The group recorded demo songs. Their production company which handled the group fell through, and the members of Anjel went on to pursue solo projects.
In 2004, Capitol Records signed Luckett, then she started her solo career. Her solo debut album, LeToya, topped the U.S. Billboard 200 albums chart in July 2006 and was certified platinum by the RIAA in December 2006. The album spawned five singles. Two were released with promotional purpose, to see the audience reaction towards her, but "Torn" would be her most notable song. It achieved records on BET's top ten countdown show 106 & Park. She was also named "One of the Best New Artists of 2006" by AOL and the "Top Songwriter of 2006" by ASCAP. Luckett's second album, Lady Love, was scheduled for a spring 2008 release. It was released in 2009. She is now on road with the stage play tour "Rumors".
- 1998: Destiny's Child as Destiny's Child
- 1999: The Writing's on the Wall as Destiny's Child
- 2002: This Is the Remix as Destiny's Child
- 2005: #1's as Destiny's Child
- 2005: What It Do!
- 2006: LeToya
- 2008: Lady Love
- 2015: Lucky Girk Soundtrack (with Various artists)
- 2016: Until Then
- 2004: "You Got What I Need"
- 2005: "All Eyes on Me"
- 2006: "Torn"
- 2006: "She Don't"
- 2006: "Obvious"
- 2007: "Almost Made Ya" (with Ali & Gipp)
- 2007: "Swagger" (featuring UGK, Killa Kyleon and Slim Thug)
- 2008: "I Miss You" (with Webbie)
- 2011: "When I Had the Chance" (with Boney James)
- 2014: "Don't Make Me Wait"
- 1998:"Boyz 2 Men Tour" as opening act (with Destiny's Child)
- 1999:"TLC: FanMail Tour" as opening act (with Destiny's Child)
- 1999:"The Writing's on the Wall promotional tour" (with Destiny's Child)
- 2006:"The Breakthrough Tour" as opening act
- "Destiny's Child Named The World's Best Selling Female Group of All Time!". Sony BMG Australia. September 2, 2005. Retrieved 2006-12-28.
- "Destiny's World Domination". Yahoo! Music. September 1, 2005. Retrieved 2006-12-28.
- "Destiny's Child Ruled At World Music Awards". Softpedia. September 3, 2005. Retrieved 2006-12-28.
- "Ex-Destiny's Child Members Say Their Name Is Angel". MTV News. March 5, 2001. Retrieved 2007-04-20.
- "Awards: ASCAP'S Rhythm & Soul Awards". Concrete Loop. June 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-04.
- "LeToya Album News". That Grape Juice. June 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-04.
- "The Rumors Are True". Rumors stage play. January 16, 2008.