Leathermouth (also spelled as LeATHERMØUTH) is an American hardcore punk band. The band was started in 2007 by My Chemical Romance's guitarist Frank Iero. On January 2009, the band released their first album, XO.
|Origin||New Jersey, United States|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, screamo, post hardcore|
|Years active||2007 – present|
Leathermouth started in 2007 by some friends of My Chemical Romance's rhythm guitarist Frank Iero. Iero heard a few demo songs from the band, and wanted to sign the band to his own independent label. He later joined the band after the first lead singer did not write any lyrics to the songs. As a member of Leathermouth, this is the first band where he writes the lyrics and does lead vocals. Iero uses the band as a way to express about the way he sees the world and also to let out his personal problems with depression and anxiety. Leathermouth played their first shows in the summer of 2008 alongside Warship for the Fall 2008 Reggie and the Full Effect "Farewell Tour". Iero hopes to tour with Leathermouth when he is not working with My Chemical Romance.
In October 2008, Leathermouth signed to Epitaph Records, rather than to Frank Iero's label as originally planned. Iero thought that it would be hard to advertise the album himself if it was released through his own label, with his current responsibilities to My Chemical Romance and the other bands signed to his label. Epitaph Records president, Brett Gurewitz, was impressed with the band's "intensity and songwriting of the music." Leathermouth released their first studio album, XO on January 27, 2009 through Epitaph. Even though the album did not become listed on the Billboard 200, it did reach #21 on the Top Heatseekers chart.
- 2009: XO
- Artist Info - LeATHERMOUTH Epitaph.com. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- Shultz, Brian. "Epitaph Details Leathermouth (My Chemical Romance) Debut" Archived 2009-05-16 at the Wayback Machine Alternative Press. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- Harris, Chris. "Frank Iero Says My Chemical Romance Fans Will Be 'Bummed Out' By Leathermouth" MTV.com. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- Manley, Brandan (2009). "In-Store Session with Vocalist Frank Iero". Alternative Press. 247, 104.
- Shultz, Brian. "Reggie and the Full Effect Announce Final Tour; Leathermouth (My Chemical Romance) and Warship (ex-From Autumn to Ashes) Supporting" Archived 2013-12-16 at the Wayback Machine Alternative Press. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- "Leathermouth Debut XO in January" Epitaph.com. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- Karan, Tim. "Leathermouth Sign to Epitaph" Archived 2009-02-14 at the Wayback Machine Alternative Press. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- "Epitaph to Release Leathermouth Debut Album 26th January 2009" Archived 2009-01-23 at the Wayback Machine Altsounds. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.
- "Artist Chart History - Leathermouth - Albums" Archived 2009-02-13 at the Wayback Machine Billboard.com. Retrieved on February 8, 2009.